Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Six Years Sober Today

Today marks exactly six years since I had my last taste of alcohol.

I don't remember her name, but I am forever grateful to the family therapist at Brighton Center for Recovery who told me in a family therapy session back in 2008, "Be the change you want to see in your son."

I took her advice and ran with it.

My son was in rehab, but that session ended up changing my life forever. Go figure.

I will commemorate today's anniversary with an ice cold root beer. After 5:00pm, of course. ;)

Peace.

P.S. If you want to read "the rest of the story," you can check out the blog post I wrote for Heroes in Recovery back in May entitled "Be the Change You Want to See in Your Loved One."

P.P.S. My son is 800 days clean and sober today. :)

"We should never permit ourselves to do anything that we are not willing to see our children do. We should set them an example that we wish them to imitate." --Brigham Young


No comments:

Post a Comment