Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Latest Huffington Post Blog

My latest blog to appear on the Huffington Post's site is an edited, slightly updated version of a post that originally appeared here back in August of 2012. It's about my reconciliation with my alcoholic father after forty-plus years, just six months before his death.

It was probably the most difficult blog post I've ever written, and sometimes I wondered if I should've just kept the experience and feelings to myself. But I thought the message was an important one, so I shared it with you all.

Because of the importance of the message, I'm grateful to be able to share it with a much wider audience via the Huffington Post. They just published it today. Here's a direct link to the post:

"Forgiving My Alcoholic Father: Better Late Than Never." 

Maybe someone in a similar situation to mine will read my post and decide to let go of the negativity they feel toward someone in their life. I have to say, it's very liberating to do so.

"Forgiveness is all about taking care of you, not the person you need to forgive. It’s about putting your desire to feel good before your desire to be right. It’s about taking responsibility for your own happiness instead of pretending it’s in somebody else’s hands. It’s about owning your power by giving all your anger, resentment, and hurt the heave-ho." --Jen Sincero



No comments:

Post a Comment