Friday, August 22, 2014

Hello, Huffington Post

The last 36 hours or so have been pretty crazy, and I'm running on fumes. So this will be relatively short.

Yesterday my wife and I woke up before dawn to drive our younger son to Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as he gets ready to start his freshman year. Almost three hours there, unloading, setting up the room, lunch, the convocation, then almost three hours home. It was a long but memorable day.

Then I got home and found out that the blog at the Huffington Post had published one of my posts. It's a modified version of a blog I posted here earlier. Here's the link to the Huffington Post version:


How did this happen?

The other day I had received an email from the Huffington Post with the subject line "An Invitation from HuffPost." When I opened the email, I was shocked to read this:

"Welcome! You've been invited to join the HuffPost blogger community. Please click the link below to learn more and set up your account."

I had one of those "Is this a scam?" moments, but clicked the link and followed through with the process. I submitted the blog post on Wednesday evening, and by Thursday afternoon it was live. Needless to say, I was thrilled.

To add some icing on the cake, I submitted another blog post around lunch time today. Within 30 minutes, the second post was live on the Huffington Post site, too. Again, it's a modified version of a post that originally appeared here. But the message is one I want to get out far and wide. Here's the link to the HuffPo version:

"Depression and Addiction: We Must Break the Stigmas"

I'm hoping all of this is really happening and that it's not the prednisone I'm taking (for a pinched nerve in my back) making me imagine things.

To recap:

*My younger son started college yesterday.

*My older son is more than two years clean and sober.

*And the Huffington Post has published two of my blog posts in the span of less than 24 hours.

I am stunned and full of gratitude.

Now I just need a job.

Peace.

My first Huffington Post blog post was featured on their Mental Health page this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Such helpful info to read and heartfelt stories that are shared are already being of benefit to me. Thanks to my daughter WLN for sending me the link.

    ReplyDelete